Our values… peace, equality, simplicity, truth and integrity (acronym PEST or STEP)
- we think conflict is inevitable in life, and may be necessary in the search for justice and equality
- avoiding or confronting it rarely helps
- conflict needs to be acknowledged and addressed in constructive, creative ways
- early identification and response is important
How we work…
- we are independent of other organisations, and unaligned with any political or pressure group.
- we forge links with and work in partnership with a wide range of organisations and interested individuals.
- we are not building-based and employ only one part-time administrator. We operate through a volunteer management group under the auspices of Newcastle Quaker Meeting, and commission people to do specific tasks.